6 hrs vCPD
UP PERIOSCOPE! CONTEMPORARY PERIODONTAL AND PERI-IMPLANT MANAGEMENT IN GENERAL PRACTICE - LECTURE DAY
Dr Phil Ower
Friday 20th September 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton
BS1 6NJ (for sat navs: BS1 6NL)
Join us for an intensive, lecture-based day that will cover all aspects of contemporary periodontal and peri-implant management from the latest concepts of aetiology to assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning. The game-changing new periodontal and peri-implant classification system will be covered in detail.
There will be Q&A slots after each session.
Copies of the lectures will be made available to all participants so there is no need to take notes - just come and learn and enjoy!
Aims & Objectives
1. To understand modern concepts of periodontal disease aetiology
2. To appreciate how to assess and diagnose periodontal diseases effectively
3. To understand the new classification system 2018.
4. To understand the role of self care in periodontal management
5. To appreciate different instrumentation techniques
6. To understand the role of antimicrobials in disease control
7. To appreciate techniques for professional implant care and management
Learning outcomes (GDC Development Outcome Codes A,B,C,D):
By the end of the season participants will be able to:
1. Discuss prognosis of periodontally-involved teeth rationally with patients
2. Use BPE effectively and rapidly
3. Assess periodontal patients in detail to arrive at the right diagnosis
4. Instruct and motivate patients in self-care
5. Perform non-surgical therapy efficiently
6. Utilise antimicrobials in clinical practice
7. Manage implant patients using an evidence-based approach
0830 Registration & Refreshments
0900 Session 1: Improve your Knowledge of Aetiology and Prognosis
Assessing the prognosis of periodontally involved teeth (interactive session)
The role of the biofilm in disease
Risk factors involved in the aetiology of periodontal diseases
1050 Session 2: Advances in Assessment and Diagnosis
Periodontal screening - new developments
Assessing periodontal diseases in practice
Radiography of periodontal patients
Diagnosis of periodontal diseases (including the new perio classification system)
1320 Session 3: The Importance of Self- and Professional Care
Management planning for perio patients
Self care - its relevance
Oral hygiene techniques and patient motivation
Professional care - non-surgical treatment and antimicrobials
1510 Session 4: Challenges and Dilemmas in Implant Management
Save teeth or place implants?
Self-care of implants
Professional implant care
Implants in the periodontally susceptible patient
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Bristol City Centre
5 minute walk from Temple Meads train station.
For the purposes of sat navs - please use BS1 6NL
PARKING at the hotel
: complimentary parking is provided for delegates attending an event during the day. If delegates are staying overnight a £15 charge per car applies.
NB: THERE IS AN AUTOMATED CAR PARKING PAYMENT SYSTEM IN PLACE AT THE HOTEL SO ALL DELEGATES MUST REGISTER THEIR CAR REGISTRATION PLATE FOR THEIR COMPLIMENTARY PARKING AT RECEPTION BEFORE LEAVING THE CAR PARK. PLEASE NOTE THAT GUESTS WHO DO NOT REGISTER THEIR DETAILS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SENT A PARKING FINE - THESE ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
Cancellation 30 days or less - no refund. Prior to that refunds will be made less any transaction costs/charges. PerioCourses reserves the right to change the venue and/or change the speakers at any time. We reserve the right to cancel the event, in which case all course fees will be refunded. We accept no liability if the event does not take place for reasons beyond our control.